Sunday, May 14, 2017

Maurice Bishop International Airport.




I'm sure you'd all like a little update on my activities. Me and Oscar took a minicab out to Maurice Bishop International Airport. Good WiFi connection. Maurice was Prime Minister of Grenada in 1983 but he wasn't revolutionary enough for Bernard Coard so he, and 7 others, got bumped off. Coard got cozy with Cuba. Then Fidel Castro built a long airstrip in an attempt to annoy Ronald Reagan. It worked. Needless to say Grenada got invaded. Coard and his mates dodged a death sentence and went to prison. Big building on a hill. You can see it from town. Grenada got a nice new airport out of it all anyway.

Oscar's flying to Barbados and I came along to see him off. He says he'll be staying with Simon Cowell in Sandy Lane. I have my doubts about it but I didn't say anything. I suggested he pop up to Orange Hill and visit my old mate Sir Julian Snagge. He's got a plantation there. You remember Sir Julian? I ran into him on BVI. He's the judge that got me a 6 month suspended sentence for dexies and ruined my career at Arsenal. You and Julian  might get along Oscar I said. You're both assholes. Don't be like that Dick he said.

I'm staying here for a few days.  Need to do a bit of work on Millie, Clarke's Court make a nice rum and I'm partial to the smell of nutmeg.



1 comment: