Saturday, September 02, 2017

Pussy Riot update.






This is a special post for all my Russian readers.

As you know I have long been a keen follower of Pussy Riot. I am especially fond of Nadezhda Tolokonnikova. She has come a long way since she stuffed a chicken up her vagina. That was an art project of course. I'd slip her some KFC myself given half a chance. And who can forget the famous cathedral dance which earned her a place in jail from Putin (boo, hiss) followed by appearances on American talk shows. She even got to meet Madonna and she has made several outstanding videos. In a recent one she appears bathed in blood, a powerful statement about something or other.

So I was sorry to learn that Nadezhda and Mariya Alyokhina are no longer besties. In an interview Mariya doesn't exactly spell out the problem but it seems the members of Pussy Riot have gone their separate ways.

Mariya has written a book about their adventures. I haven't read it yet but she talks about how it all began, their problems with Putin (boo, hiss again), Neo-Nazis and getting whipped by fake Cossacks. Good timing. Antifa types will love it so she'll probably make a few roubles.

It's the third member of the group I feel sorry for. Yekaterina Samutsevich. She can't get a job. So if there's anybody out there looking for an au pair drop her a line.





2 comments:

Terrence S said...

I'm sorry I haven't checked in lately. I have been traveling a lot this year. Carnival in Rio, a trip up the amazon, Croatia, and am currently in Barcelona. However, I am still reading your excellent writing. I especially liked this blog and I especially like the line "She has come a long way since she stuffed a chicken up her vagina. I sincerely hope that the day will eventually come when I can use that line myself.

Keep writing,

Terry Shute

Dick Headley said...

I do appreciate your interest Terry but as you can see I've completely lost the plot. Not even sure why I do this.