Thursday, August 21, 2014

Flying fish.






We picked up a nice breeze off Honduras and headed due East. The girls keep talking about Miami and all the rich husbands to be found there. If I’m not careful I could have a mutiny on my hands. Gender politics haven’t been an issue so far but you never know. Somebody might even accuse me of exploitation.

OK girls I say…..I’ll get you to Miami but first we need to make a few stops. Does anybody fancy Cuba? How about Jamaica ladies? Perhaps I can fix you up with some nice young Rastas.

Me I’m just happy when the wind fills the sails and I can get on with my meditation. There’s something magical about the Caribbean, the blue of the sky, the beaches, the flash of light on water. Excuse me if I get poetic…I know somebody will say ‘what a load of shite’. That’s OK. Say what you want. I love the reggae and the soca music, the palm trees, the friendly people, the sails snapping and the scrabbling sound of kamikaze flying fish skidding across the deck.

No comments: