Friday, December 30, 2016

Full English Breakfast.


I'll spare you the details of our nocturnal coupling and skip to breakfast. Coffee and croissants. If I'd had my way I'd go for the Full English but Samantha won't hear of it. Bad for the old ticker.

She draws my attention to a picture on the wall of her breakfast nook.

"I think I've seen that somewhere before" I say.

"You probably did Dick. A print. Present from Simon. I'm thinking of selling it."

Sam comes with me to the station. We walk through Cambridge, along the old streets past the market the churches and the colleges chatting about this and that.

And I wondered what I was going to do? I could stay in England I suppose. Maybe Samantha would like that. But what about Millie? And Oscar? If I don’t help him get his treasure back we don’t have much of a story line. On the other hand I might just dump Oscar, he's served his purpose. And I fancy a slow bit of sailng through the Leeward Islands on my own. There’s a few islands I haven’t seen. Always fancied the Grenadines.

And let’s not forget Arthur. I got the whole story from Simon of what happened in Thailand. That will need some serious narrating. And now I have a Hockney print to sell. Anybody interested? Or shall I stick it on ebay? I could take it to the Caribbean I suppose but it may not like the climate. 



No comments: