Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Current location.





I haven’t been posting much about my own activities lately. That’s because there hasn’t been much to say. We’ve been anchored for a week or two off Culebra. Very nice place but don’t tell anyone. No phantom pirates. Good snorkeling. It will do nicely while I catch up on some reading. The girls are still complaining ‘No Starbucks, no disco!’ They swim around or sit on the deck taking selfies. 

Fine with me. I’ve got a Kindle. At the moment I’m reading Martin Amis’ new one ‘The Zone of Interest’. I found ‘Lionel Asbo’ a bit disappointing to be honest but this one’s a good read. Sort of a lighthearted look at life in a concentration camp….well not really lighthearted in a Mel Brooks kind of way. More your imaginative black comedy. Clever bugger that Marty.

So I’m in no rush to get to BVI. There’s a backlog of files from the author that need some serious narrating plus all my own anecdotes and observations need sorting. So we may stay here until the new year. Merry Christmas.

No comments: